History & Staff

We have years of experience caring for families, from all walks of life. Each family comes to us because they know we are leaders in our profession, dedicated to excellence in service, and have the highest integrity.

Our History

            In the early 1960’s the Rottman family established Westlawn Chapel & Mortuary, as well as Westlawn Ambulance Service, in Willcox. The building that Westlawn Chapel & Mortuary is in today was built in 1961 by Leonard and Keith Rottman.  The business has been bought and sold several times over the years.  On August 1, 1993 Dan and Jeanne Douglas purchased 90% ownership from Harold Hart.  The remaining 10% ownership was eventually purchased from Dale A. Carlstedt.  Willcox is Dan’s hometown and he worked at Westlawn while attending high school.  Owning a funeral home was a lifelong goal of Dan’s and that eventually came true.  

 On February 19, 1997 Dan and Jeanne had the Westlawn Crematory installed to better serve the families in northern Cochise County.  Westlawn Chapel & Mortuary offers families the choice of a traditional burial, cremation services, forwarding services, pre-arranged services and the purchase of headstones.
     To assist families in a selection of cremation urns Dan and his son and daughter-in-law, Garrett and Tiffany Douglas, established Pioneer Urns and Woodworks that offers handcrafted mesquite urns.

Our Valued Staff

Dan Douglas

Dan Douglas, Funeral Director / Owner

Jeanne Douglas

Jeanne Douglas, Co-Owner

Garrett Douglas

Garrett Douglas, Owner Pioneer Woodworks, Big G's Custom T's and Big G;s Buildings

Alex Douglas

Alex Douglas, Crematory Manager/Operator and Funeral Director assistant

Alex is the son of Dan and Jeanne Douglas. He as been working for Westlawn since January of 2013 full time. He is married to Jessica Douglas and they have 3 beautiful kids.

Sharon Sterkel

Sharon Sterkel, Admistrative Assisant

Mark Amalong

Mark Amalong, Cemetery

Gaige Douglas

Gaige Douglas, Funeral Assisant